A Moveable Feast

Anything having to do with dining, at home or out on the town...looking for restaurant visitations, sitings, great dishes, good times and the odd post of what ever catches my fancy!

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Break out the Bread...it's time for toast!

So it's that time again when one has to do that Martha Stewart thing (yes, let's remember her, even though she's still incarcerated)...baking bread. It took a week to bring my home made starter back to life (thank you Nancy Silverton of La Brea Bakery cookbook fame for the well worn pages of my trusty old edition of said book). Didn't think it was going to wake up after almost a year in the cooler (grew this starter 6 summers ago)...went through almost 25 pounds of flour and frankly, it's still acting like a dispepsic child...but the first loaf of Rosemary Olive Oil bread is baking as we speak, the first always being the worst.....

But, I've been jonesing for some real country from scratch toast. Still trying to hunt down some Lemon Thyme for my Olive Bread version. Wishing and hoping the Dill Shallot, waiting in line to be baked this morning, will come out edible, since it's my daughter's favorite, just in time for Thanksgiving.

If my starter really is alive, I give thanks for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home